5/30/13: Michele Null (pictured with Stephen Gainey, interim WCPSS superintendent) was honored at the Wake County PTA Council's "Night of Stars" celebration. Each school could submit one outstanding volunteer (which was tough for us, since we have so many fabulous BCES PTA volunteers!), and we were proud to put forth her name.
She and PTA president Barb Martin attended the celebration. Here is what her frame says:
"Michele Null is one of those rare volunteers every PTA hopes for: willing to help out in every way, utterly dependable, immensely talented, and wonderfully kind. As track VP, she made sure her parents, teachers and volunteers were always kept up-to-date on PTA events, and she organized trainings for room parents. She co-chaired the teacher appreciation committee, hosting 6 fabulous, fun & healthy events. And then, when the board had an unexpected vacancy, she also took over VP of Fundraising, and helped secure $60,000 in DonorsChoose classroom projects! Michele has the largest, most organized binder of anyone I know!"
Here's the Prezi presentation we debuted at our Volunteer Appreciation event on May 15. Click the right arrow (center bottom) to view. Enjoy!
1. Pre-sale Wristbands & tickets Delivery: They are coming home today! Look for a ziplock bag with a label on it, in your child's backpack. Wristbands are purple and tickets are yellow.
NOTE: The PTA cannot be responsible for lost tickets or wristbands. There are no refunds on pre-sales.
2. Raffle Tickets on sale: There are still a 4-5 MORE Raffle Baskets that will be added to the fantastic assortment already on display at the school. If you just cannot wait, or will not be at the carnival prior to 7:30pm, Raffle Tickets are already available for purchase ($1 each) in the office. Once purchased, you can place them in the coordinating boxes that are in the office. You need not be present to win.
3. Parking: Additional parking is available in the Stansell Dentistry Building. Do NOT park at Walgreens as they will tow.
4. Rain Date: Currently we are still on schedule for the carnival. WRAL has forecasted the possibility of showers, which is typical this time of year. If they occur, they are usually spotty and short-lived. If they prove to be a problem, we will notify everyone as quickly as possible. If we need to postpone, the rain date is Sunday, May 19 from 2-5pm. Again, there will be no refunds for pre-sales.
5. Gates Open at 5 pm. Please do not arrive any sooner.
Check out what is sure to be a Great night of Family Fun! For more details, click the Carnival Link!
Have you seen the amazing raffle baskets yet?! They went on display in front of the media center. You should see the looks they get from kids walking by!
Raffle tickets are just $1... and you can buy as many as you like. Get them from Ms. Joyce this week, or buy them at the Carnival. Good luck!
Okay, we cannot keep it to ourselves any longer! Check out the AMAZING
activities and food that await you at this year's Carnival!
It's finally here! The online auction is now LIVE. Over 275 items worth over $36,000 - AMAZING! Great deals await you. Click on the graphic to check out what all the buzz is about! (Amounts updated 5/14)
Dr. Chambers and PTA President Barb Martin attended a ceremony at the Wake County Board of Education on April 12th honoring the 2013 Brains & Bodies Award Winners. Only 9 schools in the entire county received such an honor! Brier Creek is a silver-level awardee. The first photo includes Dr. Stephen Gainey, interim WCPSS superintendent, and Sheree Vodicka, Director of Advocates for Health in Action (AHA), which issued the awards. Look for the banner (in 2nd photo) hanging in our school lobby. Yay BCES!