Sign up today: www.pledgestar.com/BrierCreek to help raise money for our school!
Schoolwide Olympic-themed team competitions to raise money for BCES PTA
Feb. 24 – Mar. 7 (T3/4)
ALL profits support our school!
Follow us on Twitter @bces_pta #BCESOlympics to see pictures and videos throughout the event.
Volunteer & earn points for your child’s team!
Torch Run – Wednesday, March 7
9:15 – 5th grade 10:35 – 3rd grade 11:30 – 4th grade
1:00 – 2nd grade 2:00 – Kindergarten 2:50 -1st grade
MONEY WILL FUND:
- Specialist Grants for new initiatives in PE, Art, and Music
- Library books
- In-school science field trips
- Storyteller program for K – 2
- Artist-in-residence for 3rd – 5th grade
- Team Rewards – winning team earns Kona Ice
- Class Rewards – rewards for reaching fundraising benchmarks
- Individual Rewards – rewards for activity on pledgestar.com/briercreek
- Learn more about reward and incentive specifics here.
- Student-Athlete Fundraising
- Students register on www.pledgestar.com/briercreek
- Pentathlon Fitness Challenges
- Students will complete 5 fitness activities students in their classroom.
- The class will earn 5 points for their team for completing each challenge.
- Super G PE Team Challenge
- Each grade level will compete in one Olympic-themed sport activity in PE.
- Kindergarten/1st Grade – Speed Skating
- 2nd/3rd Grade – Bobsled
- 4th/5th Grade – Hockey
- The classes will earn points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the competition.
- Torch Run (February 6 – T1/2); (March 7 – T3/4)
- The classes will run laps in the gym during specials.
- Boys will run first and then girls will run while listening to energizing music and being cheered on by each other, teachers, and parents.
- The students will earn points for their team for each lap run.
- Donation of books and clothes for Community Outreach Partners
- BCES is collecting gently-used children’s books for Wake Up and Read.
- Teams will earn points based on the number of donated books.
- BCES is collecting gently-used clothing, new socks, new underwear for A Note in the Pocket.